Paramo Mens Velez Jacket
A lightweight, directional waterproof jacket with versatile features for high intensity outdoor activities all year round.
The Velez Jacket is constructed from standard and lightweight Nikwax Analogy® fabrics zoned for lightweight, hard-wearing weather protection and excellent moisture management.
The Velez Jacket is for very active people who swap between outdoor activities.
If you enjoy mountain walking, cycling, climbing and backpacking, you need a versatile jacket suitable for all these activities. You also need to be able to keep cool when you are working hard, which is where clever ventilation comes in.
The Velez’s versatile design combines with the Nikwax Analogy® fabric for optimum comfort, providing waterproof protection, warmth, and cooling in one garment.
The Velez combines discreet but very effective ventilation, with an athletic shape to minimise wind-resistance.
- Optimum cooling when working hard provided by vents, combined with pocketing, carefully positioned for ease of use.
- Enhanced weather protection when carrying a rucksack provided by mesh reinforcement in the back panel.
- Athletic cut to minimise wind resistance and noise
Nikwax Analogy® is more than just breathable, it is directional, moving liquid water
Conventional breathable membrane waterproof fabrics fail because they cannot remove all of the sweat we produce when we are working hard, especially in cold and wet conditions. Therefore condensation and icing are well known problems experienced with membrane rainwear.
Nikwax Analogy® overcomes these problems because it is not only breathable, but also directional. The Analogy fabric system directs condensation and perspiration away from the body, where it can safely drain away.
To understand the difference between directionality and breathability, read more here.
Nikwax Analogy comes in two weights:
- Nikwax Analogy®: durable, full-weight protection
- Nikwax Analogy® Light: same protection, weighs 20% less. A little less durable, but perfect for fast & light adventures
- Large, mesh lined sleeve/torso vents channel fresh air to inhibit cold spots and minimise rain ingress.
- Two “dual phase” chest pockets work as both vents and secure pockets for maps, navigation tools, valuables or handwarming.
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by fully adjustable, helmet-compatible “halo” hood with wired peak.
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows for maximum freedom of movement.
- Improved visibility from use of reflective flashes.
- Ventilation from two-way reversed front zip with internal storm flap.
- Scooped tail with hem drawcord for lower back protection.
- Rucksack, harness, helmet and glove friendly.
|Range||Spring Summer 18|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||£285.00|
|Main Fabric||Nikwax Analogy® Waterproof|
|Pockets||Two “dual phase” chest pockets work as both vents and secure pockets for maps, navigation tools, valuables or handwarming.|
|Internal Snow Skirt||No|
|Under Arm Zips||Yes|