Paramo Halcon Waterproof Jacket - Moss
The Halcon is ideal for country activities from walking to nature watching & photography.
Country activities involve exertion while moving, then being stationary for long periods. To remain comfortable, you need efficient moisture control to prevent chilling, and ventilation options to reduce clothing changes. Essential equipment needs to be within easy reach with minimal disruption.
Tough directional Nikwax Analogy® Waterproof fabric gives dry comfort, with easy temperature control provided by vents. The Halcon offers carefully planned pocketing.
For every Halcon sold a sapling is planted by Trees for Life - click here to find out about their work.
The Halcon Jacket has plentiful pockets, good ventilation options and a well-designed hood.
- Excellent, easily accessible storage from nine well-placed pockets, including fleece-lined handwarming pockets.
- Additional ventilation which limits the need for clothing changes from upper arm vents, two way front zip and sleeves that can be pushed up for cooling.
- Uninterrupted vision in all weathers due to the fully-adjustable hood with wired peak which moves with you and folds into a fleecy collar.
Nikwax Analogy® is a quiet and soft waterproof fabric that is more than just breathable, it is directional, moving liquid water.
Conventional breathable membrane waterproofs fail because they cannot remove all the sweat we produce when working hard, especially in cold, wet conditions. Nikwax Analogy®overcomes this as it is not only breathable, but directional. The Analogy fabric directs condensation and sweat away from you, so it safely drains away. Read more here about the difference between directionality and breathability.
Because the fabric does not need membranes or laminates, it is rustle-free and flexible but still strong and durable.
- Fully adjustable, roll-away hood with wired peak for excellent field of vision and fit.
- Fleece-lined collar for extra comfort.
- Articulated shoulders and sleeves for maximum movement.
- Two-way reversed zip with poppered internal storm flap allows ventilation and access to inner layers.
- Upper arm vents allow venting and temperature control.
- Increased comfort when load-carrying from reinforced shoulder construction and removable foam insert strips in back.
- Easily adjustable cuff design allows sleeves to be pushed or rolled up for cooling.
- Excellent weather protection from 2” drip skirt and scooped tail.
- Additional temperature control from single-handed concealed waist and hem drawcord pulls.
- Nine well-placed pockets:
- Two external secure and ‘dry’ breast pockets large enough for field guides, OS map storage etc.
- A large and secure internal mesh breast pocket.
- ‘Dry’ storage from two large bellows pockets with secure fold-over tops with poppers.
- Two zipped and fleece-lined handwarming pockets located behind bellows pockets.
- Two low level capacious inner mesh pockets.
- Reduce the ‘carbon footprint’ of your Halcon Jacket and make a positive impact on wildlife. We've teamed up with Trees for Life, an award winning conservation charity dedicated to the regeneration and restoration of the Caledonian Forest in the Highlands of Scotland. For every Halcon Jacket purchased a sapling will be planted.
|Range||Spring Summer 19|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||£350.00|
|Manufacturer's Quoted Weight||0.967|