Leki Micro Vario Carbon Strong Folding Trekking Poles - One Pair
For extra strength at carbon's low weight, the Leki Micro Vario Carbon Strong trekking pole is hard to beat: proven performance for taller users or ski/snowshoe touring use. The 2019 version has the same top drawer design as its predecessor: high quality carbon fibre tubing; folding design for compact transport; SpeedLock 2 length adjustment for the perfect sizing in seconds.
For extra strength in use, the Micro Vario Carbon Strong uses larger diameter shafts than the regular Micro Vario range. The bottom section is constructed from aluminium, making the pole less likely to snap under a bending force and also more resistant to scratching from skis or snowshoes. The sections are longer, making it suitable for taller users over six feet in height (or in deep snow), plus the Strong is supplied with snow baskets for ski touring use. In short, if you want carbon performance for ski touring, the Micro Vario Carbon Strong is the pole to pack.
Off the snow, the Micro Vario Carbon Strong is suitable for a wide range of terrains and all but very cold conditions. The carbide Flex Tip bites well on most surfaces, while the edgeless Aergon grip and extended Thermo foam handle make it highly versatile for varying gradients. Despite the extra long length, they fold to only 37cm in length, making them ideal for travelling abroad since they'll fit in most packs and suitcases inside their included bag. For one pair of poles that will support all your journeys - walking, ski-touring, snowshoeing and more - and offers extra strength and length for taller users, the Leki Micro Vario Carbon Strong is the pole to rely on.
- Top quality carbon fibre and aluminium adjustable trekking pole suitable for average to taller users travelling on rocky or snowy terrain in all conditions
- Material: 100% carbon fibre/HTS 6.5 aluminium bottom section
- Shaft diameter: 20/18/16/16 mm
- Grip: Aergon Thermo Mid
- Locking system: Push-button
- Length adjustment: SpeedLock 1 Lever
- Strap: Reinforced Neoprene with fleece lining (handed)
- Tip: Carbide Flex Tip
- Basket: Big Mountain Binding Basket (removable/interchangeable)
- Collapsed length: 37 cm
- Useable length: 120 - 140 cm (suitable for users up to around 5'6" - 6'6"/170 - 203cm in height for walking use)
- Weight: 580 grams per pair
|Range||Spring Summer 20|
|Recommended Retail Price||£164.95|
|Manufacturer's Quoted Weight||265g|
|Packed Size||37 cm|
|Number of Segments||3|
|Main Material||100% carbon fibre/HTS 6.5 aluminium bottom section|